Monday, October 28, 2013

Church Love & Hot Button Issues


Human Trafficking 
What's Church Love Got To Do With It? 
~.~

One of the things I have tried to do in my writing is promote awareness of issues that affect women. In my first book, I tackled cancer and fibroid tumors. I was to discover later that I would deal with that issue in a very real and personal way. In book two, I tackle date rape and the emotional scars that come with it, that God can deliver from. It was an issue close to my heart as I was date raped during my freshman year of college. In book three, I tackle harassment, stalking, and bullying, both child and adult. These too are issues I've had to deal with and respond to in a way that honored my female spirit without causing me to compromise my moral integrity by "losing my cool". This last book in the series, I am tackling Human Trafficking. I began in 2010 to see what an issue this was, when trying to solicit businesses to post advertising for help for those who may not speak English. I was shocked and appalled and even withdrew my financial support of businesses that refused to support the mission of rescuing young women brought into the United States from other countries, particularly Spanish speaking, who had no way of getting help. As the Lord moved my family to another state, I have been able to come into contact with advocates and organizations who turn an eye to local human trafficking as well as international. This is a serious problem and the Church should be involved in bringing awareness, advocating, and providing mentorship to young women pulled out of the evil of human flesh for sale. So, as I publish this last book in the series, my prayer is that these issues highlighted in my work will touch you in some way and get you thinking about how you can participate in promoting the Gospel in society. What's Church Love have to do with that? Everything. It is one way we can be the tangible expression of God's love. Church Love: Real People, Real Issues, God Answers. 


See You in Savannah, 

Shantae Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment